You can download the full Instructions for Participants below
The Fourwaves platform has been chosen to host the virtual aspect of SOFT 2022. All participants, upon registration and payment of the registration fee for SOFT 2022, are added to the Fourwaves platform. A registration email will be sent to each participant allowing them to create their login credentials for the platform. Once you create a profile, you can access the conference on Fourwaves on any device through the following link: https://event.fourwaves.com/soft2022/pages.
All registered participants will have their abstracts automatically uploaded as a submission to the conference. Please note that abstract upload to Fourwaves will be done by the 15th of August 2022, after which you will receive an email from Fourwaves. You will not have access to your submission before the upload is complete.
Both oral and poster presenters can update their submission and add additional materials to their submission such as:
- Slides (.ppt or pptx) – max 10 MB
- Figures (.gif, .png, .jpeg, .jpg) – max 30 MB
- Other additional material – max 30 MB
- Video (.mp4) – max 250 MB
Registering on Fourwaves
- You will receive an email from Fourwaves (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Complete your registration”. Follow the link to complete your registration after which you will receive a confirmation email from Fourwaves.
- You will also receive an email with the subject “Submission confirmation” from Fourwaves confirming that your submission has been successfully added to your profile for the conference.
Uploading a Poster and Other Presentation Materials
- Go to the event website.
- Login using your credentials (see above).
- Click on your submission title from the pop out menu accessible when you hover your mouse over your profile picture (initials) located at the top right corner of the page.
- Add or modify the content of your submission and press “Save form” when you are finished.
*More information on submission access and editing as well as instructions on how to prepare your presentation can be found at the following links:
Using the Fourwaves Platform
A video summary of how to use the platform can be found at the following link: https://help.fourwaves.com/how-does-the-virtual-poster-session-platform-work-the-day-of-the-event.
Once logged into the conference website on Fourwaves, you can browse through the conference content using the links listed on top of the page. There you can browse through the list of participants, presentations, speakers, see the conference schedule and other content, as well as the quick help videos. The content of each of these pages can be filtered.
You have the option to read the abstract of each presentation and see any additional content the presenter has uploaded by selecting a presentation from the “Presentations” tab. From this page you can also:
- Upvote presentations that you like,
- Bookmark presentations to find them easier later,
- Leave a comment (‘Ask a question’) on the presentation page which will be visible to the presenter and anyone viewing the page. The presenter will also be notified by email for each comment,
- Contact the presenter directly through email.
All live presentations (talks taking place in the conference halls) will be accessible in their designated virtual rooms where an embedded Zoom window will allow you to listen, watch and subsequently participate in the Q&A through chat box only.
Virtual Poster Sessions
A video summary of the virtual poster sessions can be found at the following link: https://help.fourwaves.com/how-does-the-virtual-poster-session-platform-work-the-day-of-the-event.
We encourage all participants to watch the short video (2 min) to take the full advantage of the platform and make the conference more fruitful.
For poster presenters, we encourage to also watch the following short video (2 min) outlining how to present your poster during your assigned virtual poster session: https://help.fourwaves.com/how-do-presenters-join-and-deliver-a-virtual-poster-session.